- an art opening (Kaleidoscope--sponsored by the Burma Studies Center)
- two music concerts --Faculty Jazz Recital and the Avalon String Quartet
- a play--Out of the Blue
- a Huskies pre-game event
- the Unity March
- a fund raising event for the Elwood House Museum in DeKalb
- a conference
- heard an alum speak about her experience in art therapy,
- participated in discussions about a STEAM Learning Center in DeKalb
- visited the DeKalb Business Incubator
- participated in a discussion about diversifying orchestras in Chicago
- visited Taft Center in Oregon, IL and discussed a partnership with the Art Institute and a sculpture by Loredo Taft (also met with Honor students at the Center)
- Visited Argonne National Laboratories to talk about possible collaborations
- Went to Writer's Theatre in Glencoe, IL to see Julius Caesar and talk about possible internships for our Theatre students
- Met with many faculty, staff, students, donors, alums
Here's what I've learned so far:
- CVPA has AMAZINGLY talented faculty
- NIU has smart, talented and engaged students
- DeKalb has a lot to offer
- The leadership at NIU is determined to make things here better.
CVPA--preparing the new creative class --Generation Renaissance!
--Doing well. Doing good. Doing better.
Find us on Facebook!