Dance Instructor Earns Continued Notoriety
Autumn Eckman, instructor of dance in the NIU School of Theatre and Dance, has been extremely busy lately and has earned several kudos for her recent work:
- Autumn was recognized by Dance Magazine for women in choreography
- She was named as one of Chicago's "Top 50 Players in the Arts" by NewCity Publication.
- This past March, Autumn choreographed the premiere of "Mist" for the Giordano Dance Chicago in collaboration with Chicago choral group " Bella Voce"
- This summer and fall Autumn is serving as Artist-In-Residence with the State Street Ballet of Santa Barbara for the creation of the full length ballet "Scheherazade," for their 20th anniversary season
- Autumn's 2013 Work "JOLT" (Giordano Dance Chicago) was selected to be performed in Dance For Life, August 16, 2014.
- Autumn was selected as dancer in a new work by Ron De Jesus in Lar Lubavich's Chicago Dancing Festival, August 22, 2014.